Saturday 20 April 2013

FOSS @ JITS

It's time for every body to know about Spoken Tutorial Project which is promoting Free Open Source Software all over India. The Spoken Tutorial project is about teaching and learning a particular Free and Open Source Software like Linux, Scilab, LaTeX, Python, PHP & MySQL, Drupal, Java, C/C++, Libre Office and many more by organizing a 2 hours free workshop through the video tutorials recorded by Spoken Tutorial Team IIT Bombay. After completing the workshop in about two hours, students can revise the tutorials and one can go for the online Spoken Tutorial certification exam on the particular Free and Open Source Software.

I thank my college management for accepting the proposal of Resource Center for Spoken Tutorial Project. Jayamukhi has Inaugurated Resource Center for Spoken Tutorial Project  on 15th April, 2013.


Jayamukhi will always be first in taking this kind of initiatives for the benefit of students all over the Andhra Pradesh. In Jayamukhi, The training workshops have started in the month of March 2013 and around 200 students from our college have enjoyed the trainings conducted in over 8 batches. Special thanks to Mr. Raj Kumar Sir who helped me in conducting the workshops. As a Resource Center, Jayamukhi wishes to contribute towards IT literacy and make India IT Literate. 

In the next 3 months, JITS Resource Center has decided to spread Spoken Tutorial Project for 50 Engineering, Polytechnic and Secondary Schools all over the Andhra Pradesh Region.

I thank Shyama Mam for promoting me as Self Workshop Promoter for Andhra Pradesh Region and visiting warangal for Inauguration Function. It was my pleasure to be with Syama Mam for the whole day. I'm proud to be a student of JITS which helped me in growing my leadership skills apart from my academics.

Event Pics:

Media Coverage:

 




 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment